I've been lucky enough to work in Operations, Delivery and Architecture - working in a DevOps-style environment before that term had caught on!
As an architect, I have:
- played a significant role in setting infrastructure strategy - technical design, patterns & governance.
- built up considerable experience designing technology for scale, resilience and security.
- driven modernisation of legacy applications and technologies, including the building of a private cloud - whilst also strongly campaigning for adoption of public cloud (... something that I should now be able to take forward in my latest role!).
Whilst in my engineering roles, I've spent time:
- leading the technical design for solutions' infrastructure build & deployment
- as the subject matter expert for Middleware & Integration platforms such as Apache, IBM WebSphere & MQ, WebMethods, DataPower ...
- carrying out day-to-day activities working on enterprise infrastructure platforms such as VMware, IBM pSeries, and Oracle Engineered Systems
More recently, I've changed my focus to more modern infrastructure platforms, such as:
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Cloud platforms - especially GCP
- Automation & Continuous Delivery toolchains