Technical Lead, New E-Commerce Platform, John Lewis IT, 2016-2017
In parallel to my Architecture role, I have been acting as the Technical Lead for the migration of the johnlewis.com e-Commerce platform to a new infrastructure hosted on Oracle Exalogic and Exadata.
This role included constructing detailed design for the new solution, as well as overseeing its technical implementation - such as deployment of private cloud capabilities to support faster change, and improved reliability for operations through automation.
Technical Lead for Integration & Messaging, John Lewis Partnership, 2011-2015
Responsible for the design and implementation of systems involving Integration platforms - many of which are core technologies underpinning the John Lewis Partnership's critical systems.
- Held responsibility for their strategic direction, including owning the roadmap and establishing best practice for the design, build and support.
- Led high-level and detailed design for these technologies, including deployment.
- Responsible for oversight of one permanent employee and several contractors – specifying work, carrying out training and developing talent.
Principal Programmer, Computer Services (Middleware), John Lewis Partnership, 2004-2011
- Part of the team responsible for administering the company's Middleware infrastructure - which included WebSphere Application Server, MQ, Apache, & IIS.
- Deep knowledge of administrative scripting for Middleware, with associated process automation. Developed the team’s Developer/Operations Self-Service Portal.
- Experienced in platform and application performance tuning and monitoring.
- It was here that I developed my comfort working on Unix and Windows. Experienced in dynamic scripting languages, with a background in web development.